Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dust in the Wind, All we are is Gone With the Wind...

Once a week, we all need a little relaxation, don’t we?


First, pick out your favorite chick flick.
This won’t work if your husband has ripped you a copy, so get out your purchased dvd please. I like to watch things like Becoming Jane, or the new BBC version of Sense & Sensibility (just released in a cool new box set through Amazon dot com)-- movies my Hubby and boys would ruin with heavy sighs of boredom if they were around.

Next, get your dusting cloth, furniture polish, swiffer duster-- whatever you use.

Ready? Put in the dvd and while it plays the movie previews, dust like your life depends on it. Start high and work your way down. Get the cobwebs out of the corners, blow the dust off of the books. See how much you can finish before the movie starts. And, when the movie starts--

Stop.
You heard me. I don’t care if you got three shelves out of four. I don't care if you only finished half of the room. We're retraining you to not dread cleaning. Tell yourself you’ll do better next time. Think about it, if next week you know that you only have the previews to do this task, will you put it off as long? And on the bonus day when your dvd doesn't have previews-- Who Hoo! Throw a party!

Now, quit complaining about the dusty TV screen and sit down and enjoy your film.


Until next time!

5 comments:

amy said...

sounds like a good idea if i thought i could actually sit down and enjoy the movie without my kids ruining it with all their demands. i despise dusting...most other housework i can handle. dusting is the work of the adversary.

OHmommy said...

i think i know what i am doing this weekend. :)

sounds lovely.

Shari said...

Spoken like a woman who does a lot of cleaning in her home.

I get my kids motivated to clean when they want something. Like tonight, my youngest wants to sleep over at her friend's house. I wonder if she'll break a record cleaning her room after school?

Tarasview said...

you are so clever. I haven't dusted in... um... well... a long time.

Snooty Primadona said...

I just found your new blog and love it!

Since I live in the desert of West Texas, I can tell you a lot about dirt and my complete & total loathing of it, LOL. Especially when it's airborn, which is most of the time.

However, I am the Queen of Fingerprints since I'm always cleaning doors, cabinets, drawers, moulding. Mostly left there by my hubby, the Neanderthal.